The independent London newspaper

Two rescued from incense stick fire on Regent’s Park estate

Fire Brigade offer advice on candles and oil burners

31 July, 2020

FIREFIGHTERS think a fire at a flat on the Regent’s Park estate was caused by an incense stick.

A man and a woman were rescued from a property in Cumberland Market on Friday afternoon, and were treated at the scene.

The London Fire Brigade warned incense, candles and oil burners are a common source of fires, and said they should never be left unattended.

“Candles, incense and oil burners are one of the most common causes of fire within homes,” a spokesperson for the Brigade said. “Keep them away from curtains and anything else that can easily catch fire.

“We advise to place these in a suitable fire resistant candleholder which won’t be knocked over, and make sure you put them out entirely when you leave the room.”

Share this story

Post a comment